Monday, February 21, 2011

Easy, Yummy Cauliflower

There was a time that I wouldn't EVER use the microwave for vegetables, and my husband? That's sacrelig, if you ask him. That was, until I made this for him early on in our marriage. I had been telling him about it for months and he kept saying NO!, but finally I just made it and he was hooked. He renamed it "Cow Brain" but I just can't get on board with that. Totally grosses me out.

Anyway, if you're trying to get your kids, or husband!, to try cauliflower, give this one a try. You, and they, won't be disappointed.

Cauliflower in the Microwave


Wash one head of cauliflower, and trim all leaves from the bottom. Place damp in a bowl, (or add a tablespoon or so of water.) Cover well with plastic wrap, and cook on high for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the head.
 Meanwhile, mix:

1/2 cup mayo (I use lite.)
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 green onion, sliced. (I usually use 2.)


Smear well onto the (mostly) cooked cauliflower. Don't forget to wipe it down the sides, too.

Next, press 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese onto the mayo mix. Again, remember to press it into the sides too.

Return to the microwave for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese and heat the mayo mix.

Serve immediately.

I cut it like a pie.

Get ready to be a hero.

Bonus: Your kids will devour this. Veggies!

Yummmmmmmm.



(For more of my recipes click on the 'recipe trials' link at the bottom of this post!)


Headless Mom

7 comments:

H said...

I'll try! I'm doubtful... but willing. Thanks!

HolyMama! said...

i wasn't trying for mysterious. I just hit a key too soon!

I can't find my blog said...

So funny! Thanks HolyMama for the chuckle!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Yum. I'm going to have to try this.

Heather said...

sounds delish, but even with lite mayo, I'm concerned about the fat content (por moi, bot for any of my scrawny kids!)....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing it! I am definately going to try this one.

HolyMama! said...

i bought cauliflower today with the intention of trying this, and then could NOT remember what blog i saw it on. so please excuse that i got here by googling "cauliflower cow brain husband recipe" - but that's what I could remember, and you'll be glad to know you were #1! (I don't even want to LOOK at who also fits that description.)