Monday, June 27, 2011

Water. That's the Secret.

You may recall that a couple months ago, (Has it only been 2? Holy cow it seems like 6,) that I bought season passes to Knott's for the kids and I. Our ridiculously cold spring and a less-than favorable schedule has only given us 2 days to go so far. That ended today.

I splurged, (a whole extra $15 per person!) to buy the passes that also get you into the adjoining water park called Soak City. It's finally warm enough to go, so off we went, arriving at the park about 11 this morning.

Honestly. We had such a great day! It was just the 3 of us, and with the water and the slides and the wave pool there was no room for bickering, fighting or punching. Can I get an Amen?

I'm really enjoying this summer, being able to hang out with my guys. It's nice that they're a little older and we can do these kinds of things without strollers or diapers or crying.

We rode the water slides dozens of times, almost drowned floated in the wave pool, ate perfectly acceptable cheeseburgers, and drank cherry colas. There was not one fight. Not one! And now, 4 hours after we got home, they are still playing nicely together. (The fact that they're still up is a totally other issue. Shut up.)

Now I just need to figure out a way to bank roll the gas and parking fee for every day of the week so the fighting will continue to cease and mama can keep the peace around here!
Headless Mom

7 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Amen!

Sounds like so much fun, though I must admit that wave pools (busy ones!) make me very, very nervous...

Pearl said...

Ooh, fun! But, I'm with Melisa--wave pools bring out the worrier in me, too. Yet, I lurve them! :)

Karen Rothfus said...

That's funny, cuz Keatons bday is coming up on Friday and instead of a party he wants to take a couple friends, his bro and dad to raging waters. Which he has never been interested in before and in fact he figured it out that it would be cheaper in the long run to get passes..........it is something about water. Glad u had a good time.

Stimey said...

That sounds awesome! My kids have never been to a full-fledged water park, but I imagine it would be as blissful as your experience.

HolyMama! said...

oh, yes, AMEN!

Shannon Entin said...

I love waterparks. We tend to go to indoor ones up here in the north. ;-) There are some outdoor ones we could do in the summer, but they tend to be grungy. I know what you mean about kids being old enough to hang with. I love that my kids aren't little anymore - each year gets better, but I've got the teen years right around the corner, so I don't know what to expect.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that sounded like a perfect day. So happy for all of you.