Sunday, November 24, 2013

Confidence

Today's prompt from The Daily Post is "Are you good at what you do? What would you like to be better at.

I manage our household well. Yes, I'm confident that I do that well. Our bills are paid on time, checks don't bounce. I keep food in our cupboards and on the table, (I won't claim to be a gourmet though.) I'm the master of the calendar. Rarely is one of those balls dropped. My house is mostly clean and tidy, although I wouldn't win any cleaning contests I won't be embarrassed if you were to drop by unannounced. [Side note: Does anyone do that anymore? Just drop in on someone to say hi? I have one friend that does that and I can't remember the last time I did it. Do you?]I also think that I'm a pretty good wife and friend.

I would like to be a better mother. Yes, all of the basics are covered. My weaknesses are patience and raising my voice. I get really cranky when I have to wait on one of the kids-whether it's to do their homework (texting and listening to music is not getting it done,) or chores, I hate having to tell/ask more than once. Which brings on the yelling. I probably raise my voice way quicker than most people. I'm not proud of it but it is who I am. I'm a lot like my father though and my 'bark is worse than my bite." I may be quick to the boiling point but I also calm down pretty quickly. I would also like to be a better photographer, and procrastinate less.

What about you? What are you good at?

No comments: