Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Rain!

It is raining in Southern California. Actually, it's been raining for about 24 hours and supposed to rain for much of Wednesday too. Unless you live on the other side of the world you've heard about our drought. It's pretty bad but after today we can finally exhale a little.

I really should have taken a picture and texted it to Tracey. She didn't believe me that it actually rained here. I could have used a visual for this post, too. Bad blogger, I guess.

Libby has been perplexed by this all day rain. She usually loves to hang out outside most of the day, chasing birds and making friends with the people that walk along the horse trail behind our house. Hanging out inside has made her act really funny. She has followed me around a lot, slept in places that she's never slept before, been hyper and playful. The funniest thing though was this morning when I knew that she had to go to the bathroom but it was raining pretty hard and she wouldn't go out. I grabbed my shoes and an umbrella to try to coax her out. She was not fond of the umbrella (which was good. I was not about to become that dog mom.), because she didn't like the sound of the rain on the fabric. I had to walk out in the squishy grass before she would go. That started a trend, obviously, and now it seems that if it's raining she won't go unless I walk her out. This isn't looking good for the rest of winter.

Maybe tomorrow I'll take a couple of pictures and post them. I know that most of you are totally laughing at us Californians and our 'big rain storm' but when it's all you get? You take it. And take pictures of it!

2 comments:

kyooty said...

It snowed this morning, then ice and now it's rain rain rain.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray for the rain! We missed it but glad that it arrived. Yes it is pretty hard convincing them to go outside when it is pouring rain.