So, last we checked in on the Headless family they were preparing for grandparents. God, I love those people. Our weekend, by the bullet:
- They got in late, late, late on Wednesday evening.
- I ditched the volunteering responsibilities for Thursday and Friday.
- Errands and baseball on Thursday.
- Headless Dad and my dad played golf on Friday.
- My mom and I went shopping. Such a treat! We went to Anthropologie, and found oodles of fun stuff. A post of it's own.
- We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory and ordered from their new little portion menu. 3 things for the 2 of us was perfect. Go try it! The price was right, too.
- Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Yum.
- 9:15 baseball game for #2 on Saturday morning, then a birthday party in the afternoon.
- HD put up my new ceiling fan in our bedroom. He was not happy during the process but I am elated with the outcome. The old fan was BLUE, people. Anything would have been a step up but this one is truly beautiful. That's all I wanted for Mother's day. Seriously.
- 2:15 game for #1.
- We were invited to a friend's house for dinner-no cooking again!
- The kids got to swim for the first time this season.
- On Sunday we went to church, had a relaxing afternoon, and Headless Dad grilled chicken.
- I got wonderful cards and gifts from my kids-handmade and from the heart-the perfect kind.
- I drove to the not-so-close airport today so they could get home. :-(
Thanks for not publicly flogging me for my mini-break. It was just what I needed!