Monday, May 11, 2009

Update-Cuz You Totally Care, Right?

So, last we checked in on the Headless family they were preparing for grandparents. God, I love those people. Our weekend, by the bullet:

  • They got in late, late, late on Wednesday evening.
  • I ditched the volunteering responsibilities for Thursday and Friday.
  • Errands and baseball on Thursday.
  • Headless Dad and my dad played golf on Friday.
Side note: HD shot a 77 on Friday. A 77!!! It was his best round ever, and believe me, we still haven't heard the end of it yet. I think that we now have a monster on our hands.

  • My mom and I went shopping. Such a treat! We went to Anthropologie, and found oodles of fun stuff. A post of it's own.
  • We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory and ordered from their new little portion menu. 3 things for the 2 of us was perfect. Go try it! The price was right, too.
  • Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Yum.
  • 9:15 baseball game for #2 on Saturday morning, then a birthday party in the afternoon.
  • HD put up my new ceiling fan in our bedroom. He was not happy during the process but I am elated with the outcome. The old fan was BLUE, people. Anything would have been a step up but this one is truly beautiful. That's all I wanted for Mother's day. Seriously.
  • 2:15 game for #1.
Side note: It was HB#1's best game of the season. He got a hit, scored, and got an out at first base. He should have gotten the game ball for that, I tell you. I was so excited for him! They also beat the 2nd place team...soundly.

  • We were invited to a friend's house for dinner-no cooking again!
  • The kids got to swim for the first time this season.
Side note: This is a new family that we have gotten to know this spring and we have a great time together. Our kids get along well and we laugh. Oh how we laugh! I think we have found some people. Yay for people!

  • On Sunday we went to church, had a relaxing afternoon, and Headless Dad grilled chicken.
  • I got wonderful cards and gifts from my kids-handmade and from the heart-the perfect kind.
  • I drove to the not-so-close airport today so they could get home. :-(
It was a great visit this time, the last one was truly headless. This one, not so much. Which is just how I like it.

Thanks for not publicly flogging me for my mini-break. It was just what I needed!

Headless Mom

4 comments:

kyooty said...

Welcome back! What a great sounding weekend. YAY! for the HB!!! on his baseball progress, that's totally great!!! love it when they succeed it shows they are learning and listening, which is a double YAY!!!
Happy Birthday too!!

kyooty said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic weekend! I love having Mom come to visit....she takes over (in a good way...dinner, chores, etc.) and I've learned that if I let her, it turns into a mini vaca of sorts for me :)

Debby said...

Happy to hear that your fan is up. Making new friends is so exciting. Sounds like a good fit.
I miss my couple friends from Chicago. Nothing like laughing with friends.