Monday, September 7, 2009

We Interrupt Regular Posting...#2

I have made this a sticky post so it stays at the top for the long weekend. Please continue to help if you can. Scroll down for new content.

We need some help.

My daughter's youth pastor was fired, quite unexpectedly, from our church a few months ago. He and his wife have been mentors for my daughter and dozens of other kids for over 6 years-we feel like they are a part of our family. They have dedicated their time, money, (what little they have,) and hearts to serving Jesus and our kids. Now, as they have contemplated what God has for them, they have decided to move back to their home state of Maryland.

They spent their last money on a shipping container to get all of their things home. Unfortunately, it didn't hold all of their stuff and they have been left trying to figure out how to get it all home.

My husband and I, along with our friends C from My Studio 13 and her husband, stepped up. With everything that they have been through, we didn't think that they should have to throw away anything else. We have figured out how to get it there, just not how to pay for it.

Here's what I'm asking. If you have a few bucks to help us ship their stuff, it would be greatly appreciated. The container will cost $1300 to ship from Southern California, plus 1 months storage until they can get to Maryland and get settled. I have a paypal account (button below), or if you would rather help in another way please contact me (headlessfamily5 at gmail dot com). Every dime contributed will go straight to this couple's moving needs.


For example, if each of my 100 subscribers contributed only $4, we would be 1/3 of the way to getting them home, with the rest being covered by us and our friends. Can you sacrifice your Starbucks today?

I know that times are tight for everyone, and if you can't help, I totally understand. It would also help if you could pass this post around via Twitter, StumbleUpon, Facebook, etc. If you read here often, you know that I've never done this kind of thing before, so know that my heart is to bless this young family (they have a two year old!) as they start over after devastating circumstances. Prayers, of course, are accepted, too.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Update: We have already received two four six over $100 in donations! Thank You!!!

Headless Mom

3 comments:

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

Done! I'd be more than happy to help.

THIS, this right here is what this country is about.

So glad you posted about this.

OHmommy said...

I will stumble/facebook!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.