I'm trying something new today. Maybe putting this out there in public will help me get motivated.
This is a photo, straight out of my camera, of my living room. You might remember it looking like it did in this post, almost a year ago after our flood. No, there is not much change, thankyouverymuch.
My goal over the next couple of weeks is to get this room back in shape. Christmas is in about 10 weeks, (omgomgomg) and I REFUSE to have my house look like this when I'm trying to decorate for Christmas. Plus, after the crappy holiday season we had last year when my kids said that it didn't feel like Christmas, I'm determined to make it feel like Christmas this year.
The only part of this room that has been deep cleaned since that damn flood is the piano. I kinda had to since my #1 started taking piano lessons in June. Yes, there have been things that have been emptied out, but the rest of the room has not been cleaned. So. Here is a partial list of what has to be done:
- transfer all of the files (in the middle of the floor) to the new filing cabinet
- take the old computer to the e-recycling center (along with the full box that is in the garage)
- find a home for the 2 boxes of board games, etc., that are in front of the pink chair on the left
- wash and find a home for the extra blankets in the chair next to the bookcase
- remove all books, etc., from bookcase and deep dust and clean all
- vacuum, including the furniture
- clean the inside of the windows and sills
- find a home for all of the framed stuff that is slid in between the other furniture
- get rid of all of the old National Geographic magazines
- put my grandmother's quilt back on display behind the piano on the railing
- rearrange furniture so we can put up the Christmas tree
I'll post pics every day or so to show you what I've gotten done. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself!