Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dear (HB 1),

Lately you have delighted in hearing the story of when I found out I was pregnant with you. You love to hear that your dad, sister and I were in London-and have even asked if that counts that you were there, too! We were so happy to know that you would soon be a part of our family.

You were born on Thanksgiving weekend in 1999, and what a big boy you were! You were very tall-21 1/2 inches, and a whopping 9.5 lb. Arnie and Captain brought (HG) over right away to see you-you rewarded them by scratching yourself on the face so bad that there was even blood. As a baby you didn’t like to sleep much, and not much has changed.

You have always had a compassionate heart-the first to make sure that if someone was hurt that they were OK, the first to pray for someone to be healed, the first to hug someone who was crying. That is a gift; it cannot be learned. I also think that you are the most kind person that I know. I am proud that you are a hard worker at school, and that you try hard at everything that you attempt. I’m looking forward to watching you grow and develop, and to see what God has in store for your future.

You have always been a delight, (HB1).

We love you very much!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Written for the "Special Someone" project in HB1's 3rd grade class.

Headless Mom

4 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww....that is so very sweet :)

Kathy said...

When I look at that sweet boy kindly playing and entertaining Little B, I remember going to the hospital and holding him, thinking, "how on earth could someone so big come out of something that small?"

This is a beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written! Isn't it amazing how many characteristics never change? I swear my girls still act the same way the did when they were in my uterus! One quiet and reserved...the other full of life!

Rocks In The Wash said...

OMG! 9 1/2 pounds?!

Now seriously, what a beautiful post. Keep it close by and near to your heart because there will be days... (see my blog dated today).