Sunday, April 25, 2010

Catching Up

To re-cap:  Almost a month ago the madness began with HB#1 having bronchitis and HD's shoulder surgery. Then, about a week later, the real fun began.....

On a Sunday, I sent HD to urgent care because he had been coughing a lot and he thought he had a little more than a cold. A z-pack later we thought all was behind us. Oh how wrong we were!

He stayed home from work on Monday and Tuesday thinking that a little bit of rest would help and by Wednesday he was mentally ready to go back to work. Problem was that he wasn't getting any better. I even started to give him #2's asthma medicine because he couldn't stop coughing. He was able to get into a nurse at his doctors' office and she started him on another antibiotic and some cough medicine. Great news, right? Oh, this was also the week that HB#2 got sick and also started on antibiotics. Fun times!

Not so fast. HD started the second antibiotic on Thursday but by Friday night he still wasn't better.. I offered to take him to the ER so we could get a chest x-ray and find out exactly what was going on but he decided to wait until morning so he could talk to the on-call doctor and decide what to do then. When we finally got a call back we were told to go back to the urgent care and get them to take a chest x-ray. Long story and 4 hours later we left but with out the x-ray. Not good.

This whole time, between medicating for the shoulder, the coughing fits, cough syrup, and wandering children I didn't get much sleep. Oh yeah! And it was state testing, too, so I typically get up about an hour early so I can start cooking a good breakfast for the boys.

Hold on, Folks, were only a week in and we're only getting started!

To Be Continued.....

Headless Mom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you guys do better soon! The last time I had coughing fits like that was when I had a sinus infection that was draining post-nasal into my chest. But it's probably not that if he's been on two different antibiotics already. Poor guy!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Ugh. Sounds like a terrible time. Hope everyone is at least getting better now.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh no, you mean to tell me there is more. ((HUGS))

I can't find my blog said...

Oops! Clarification.... These were events of the last few weeks, not what is happening now. It seems, knock on wood, that we are on the upswing, health-wise. Thanks for all of the kind words! I'll finish the story, then get on to regular posting soon.

Kari said...

Glad that things are getting better - that sound brutal!

kyooty said...

oh my!!! sounds like pneumonia to me.

Rocks In The Wash said...

Being sick in the Spring is terrible. Glad to know that everyone is on the up and up. It's a good thing Headless Mom was there to the rescue! You deserve a "gold" star. :)