Friday, November 10, 2017

Kitchen, Part 5

My sink came about the same time that the cabinets were coming out. This is a little peek at it. It is so beautiful! I think it might be my favorite part of the kitchen. A little back story....

Years ago when Pinterest started, I started a board called "Kitchen dreaming" where I put all sorts of kitchen ideas. At the time I didn't think we would ever do the kitchen. Ever. It was just fun to dream and add things that seemed like a good idea or would make life easier. That's what Pinterest is for, right?

Fast forward to this year when we started talking about actually doing the kitchen and I knew one thing: I wanted this sink.



Oh, how I love this sink! I was willing to give up a lot of things to be able to have this sink, including but not limited to food, water, or any number of things essential to life. It took us a while to find it, but thanks to the internet we were able to find it on SignatureHardware.com. Because of the material, we started doing a little homework to see if a marble sink was what we really wanted or could reasonably take care of. Turns out, it's not. HD called their customer service department and spoke with a really helpful guy who said that they only sell those sinks to really high end customers that never use their kitchens. Like, EVER. The material is so porous that you can't even really spill anything on it that has color to it with out wiping it up immediately or it will stain. We are an active household with children, and there is no way on God's green earth that nothing with color would get spilled on a SINK. So, it was back to the drawing board.

(I linked the company above because they were really honest and helpful, even if we didn't end up buying from them. That is integrity. I hope that someday we're able to use them for something because I think that kind of customer service deserves to be recognized!)

I did have a few other sinks on my board so that's where I started, and HD actually liked the copper ones. Cool. Those were a bit easier to find! We kept going back and forth between about 3 designs: plain, one with a vine pattern, and this one with the rings. I'm really glad that we chose this one from PremierCopperProducts.com. Their products are beautiful!

No comments: